We know that updating and maintaining a website over time is not always easy, especially when there’s a list of competing “high priority items” for building your business or organization that never seems to get any shorter (believe us, we’ve been there!).
But we also know that having a website that’s relevant and modern can make all the difference in whether it’s seen as a credible resource or something for users to sneer at as they click on to the next link in their web search. It some cases, outdated content or site construction can mean not connecting with a new paying customer or donor who might have otherwise been ready to get in touch.
In that vein, we offer…
10 Signs Your Website Needs a Makeover:
10. When people try to pull up your content on their smartphone, you have to remind them that mobile devices weren’t around when you built the site
9. The front page of your site has a public service announcement about the upcoming Y2K bug issue
8.When people who use Mac- or Linux-based computers try to visit your site, they’re told they need to install a plugin just to see the page
7. The most interactive part of your site is a banner ad where users are invited to “catch the monkey to win cash!”
6. When you go to update your website, you launch a program called “HotDog Pro” or “Wordpad”
5. Your site has a photo of your employee of the month… from 2002
3. When you demo your site at conferences, you have to make sure the sound output is hooked up so that the “Chariots of Fire” WAV file on the front page can be heard
2. You haven’t changed the images on your site since you first got them from the Microsoft Office 95 clip art file
1. When you hear CMS, you think of the Chicago Manual of Style
Joking aside, if any of these ring even a little bit true, it might be time to update your website. (You don’t want all the other websites to laugh, do you?) Whether it’s a few tweaks here and there or a complete makeover, get in touch with Summersault to see how we can help you make it happen.